Friday, October 8, 2010

Cuenca in my dreams

I've spent the last couple of days getting my bigger laptop back to almost what it was before it crashed (thanks to my friend Ed Matthews, emeritus professor of Computer Sciences and head nerd, for fixing it).  I had some help in getting the software I need reloaded, as you can see.

Garbo, our one-eyed cat, spoiled

Every night, I dream of Ecuador.  My dreams are about Cuenca, as are my daydreams (not very productive behavior, you know). 

We arrived in Cuenca in the evening and didn't see much of the area before dinner and sleep.  The next morning, I got my first view of Cuenca from the balcony of our room at the Villa Nova Inn.  The inn is on Av 3 de Noviembre, which runs along the Rio Tomebamba.  This was my first daylight view of Cuenca.


Across the river you can see Ave 12 de Abril and Parque Madre.  We walked across the bridge to the other side and through the park on our way to the nearest Supermaxi many times.

This picture represents the first thing I dream about.  Is it any wonder that we want to live near here if we can?

More pictures and more news about our move later.  Be happy and be well.

DocBop

No comments:

Post a Comment