Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sunrise in the Ozarks

There was a little frost on the pumpkins this morning in the Ozarks of Missouri. We are really looking forward to not having this weather event in Ecuador. I guess as we age we become less temperature tolerant. In any case, we have spent a few days in the solitude of Willow Springs - we didn't even see the feral cat that normally hangs out at our place. Our dog was tracking new deer trails - we have a resident doe and the dog knows her scent, so this must be the start of the rut, he was a little nuts.

All the things I was going to do this weekend, I didn't. I was going to shot some clay birds, I leave a few guns out there but the skeet gun travels with me, it's the best of the best - you just can't miss with this gun - or maybe I'm just a god shot. At any rate, the skeet gun stayed in Springfield this weekend. There were some other thing I was going to do too, I was even figuring it might take a week to 10 days, but I lost interest even before we left Springfield. I think, I am sure I want to move to Cuenca, Ecuador.

Still a lot to do before we move - we are busy giving stuff away and Barbara is making a list of the stuff to ship to her relatives in Washington state. I'll know tonight if I have a buyer for the property in Willow Springs, I have one more lined up if this one falls through. If neither works out, I'll auction the place off. The Kubota dealer says he is interested in Barbara's tractor, but he hasn't gotten back to me yet and one of our friends is interested in the old International 460 if he can find someone to haul it for him. I didn't run the sawmill this weekend so I don't know if I want to sell it whole or "part it out", it's brand new, I just built it a few months ago to replace the one I had before.

The stuffy old college professor is busy grading essays for one of her on-line courses, so I don't think you'll see a post from her for a few days and if you are counting on me to keep you entertained - forget it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment