Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Getting down to it.

Well we're in the stretch, I don't know if it is the final stretch, but things seem to be going the right way.

We've given up on selling the house in Springfield - decided to refinance and rent it out. Barbara's car is attracting attention, and we haven't even run an ad yet. The pictures for the auction have been published and the Nov.7th date for the auction is carved in stone. All of the Ecuadorian residency paperwork has been apostilled and is on the way to the lawyer - I'm sure something won't be right about who apostilled what and will need to be worked on, but it doesn't matter something other than spending money is happening and that's a good thing. The flights back to Ecuador have been booked with round trip to Miami, just in case. We are having a hard time deciding on either hiring a van from Quito to Cuenca or flying. There is some symbolism here, but I am afraid I'm not smart enough to pick up on it.

We are heading back to Willow Springs to do the clean up. Got to drag the old tractor out of the woods for pick up on Tuesday, clean up the construction site for the big house, decide what to do with the sawmill and burn a bunch of stuff. Barbara will be going back to Springfield after a few days and the big dog and I will be left in charge of finishing up. I'll have to bring a load of stuff back from Willow that Barbara has already sold and given away, then one more trip to take my tools and guns to the auction site and clean out the storage rental.

We've passed on a couple of rentals in Cuenca because of long term leases, our thought is short term until we get there and can see what we are renting. We will probably be moving out of town anyway when we find some land to build on, that way we can be closer to the building site. In my opinion there is nothing worse than driving a long way to work on a building project, it slows production and has a way of side lining the main purpose of the construction - kind of like living in Springfield and building in Willow Springs. I've done way to much of that - in my retirement I'd like to give it up.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment