Wednesday, November 24, 2010

5 days left in the U.S. - so short I can sit on the edge of a dime and dangle my feet

The "to do" list for the U.S. is getting shorter and the list for Ecuador is getting some attention - finally.

The land in Willow Springs sold at auction on Monday and we closed on the refinance of Barbara's house in Springfield yesterday. The trash hauler comes today to take all the remaining stuff in the house to the dump and Barbara has struck a deal on her car. She did a really good job on delivery date, so we will only have to rent a car for 1 day to get us to the airport early Tuesday morning.

There are a lot of things that can still fall apart on the U.S. side of this move - because we cut a lot of legal and financial stuff real close. There is no stopping our move to Ecuador and our end is done, if someone decides to change the rules in the middle of the game the burden lies on them.

The Opinion Section 

 I have always joked about a mans tools and his truck, you know, you can tell about a man by the truck he drives or the tools he has .... etc.. There is some truth to that. Having been toolless and truckless now for a couple of weeks and having to ask my wife for the keys to the car whenever I want to go somewhere or do something, not being able to cut that tree down, you know if the toilet breaks I can't replace the ballcock, I mean I don't even have a framing hammer - that's how you fix a toilet isn't it ? You get the idea and it really is a problem. Next to my kids flying from the nest it's the worst feeling I have ever had. There is a glimmer of hope on the horizon and thanks to the various blogs from Ecuador and google translate I have found some really good trucks for sale in Cuenca, motorcycles too. I gotten some leads on land outside the city and I have been to Coral where I can replace all my hand tools with like and kind. I have to admit the idea of building in Ecuador is going to be like trying to teach an old dog new tricks but the fundamentals are the same where ever you go and I am up to the task. The future looks bright once we get out of the brambles.









No comments:

Post a Comment